Management Engineer - Stout Manufacturing Outreach Center
The Management Engineer (or Project Manager) is a cornerstone of the Stout Manufacturing Outreach Center (SMOC) and Discovery Center unit. The management engineer works primarily in the field with a variety of organizations and companies. This position will provide technical assistance related to Manufacturing Methods/Practices such as: Business Planning, Transformation Planning, Quality Management Systems (Six Sigma, ISO), Strategic Planning, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Business Process Simulation, Sustainability Methods/Practices, Innovation & Growth services. Currently we have remote openings available at our North Central and Northwest WI locations. This position is an annual appointment with an expected start day of February 1, 2022.
UW System Title/Job Description: Internal Consultant I, Job Code: AD014
Minimum / Required
- Bachelor's degree or demonstrated progress to receiving a degree in one of the following: Industrial Technology, Business, Engineering, or related fields or a minimum of 7 years manufacturing management experience
- Minimum of 5 years working in manufacturing and/or management with one or more of the following: Business Planning, Transformation Planning, Quality Management Systems (Six Sigma, ISO), Strategic Planning, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Business Process Simulation, Sustainability Methods/Practices, Innovation & Growth services
- Possess valid driver’s license and be willing to use personal vehicle in case of the non-availability of state vehicle; travel and overnight stays from home office
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work both as a team member and alone without direct supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate (both verbal and written) in one-on-one settings with clients, and in groups
- Ability to promote and market services provided by the SMOC and Discovery Center
Other Qualifications Desired:
- Management position experience (senior manufacturing management experience preferred)
- Knowledge of computer hardware and applications software; MS Office products, databases and email
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills
- Ability to present to groups of all sizes
- Capable of building strong client relationships
Effectively work with all levels of owners, executives, management, and employees within a client organization and provide superior technical assistance, including workshops, for implementation of services to clients to foster their continuous improvement activities.
UW-Stout has consolidated its comprehensive applied research and technical assistance efforts in the UW-Stout Discovery Center. Reporting to the Chancellor of UW-Stout, the Discovery Center advances UW-Stout's polytechnic focus of applied research by expanding the university's commitment to quality and innovation, transformative education and interdisciplinary collaboration. The Stout Manufacturing Outreach Center is the major outreach and technical assistance arm of the Discovery Center, focusing on profitable growth of Wisconsin’s small and medium sized manufacturers. The SMOC leverages a dynamic performance-based funding model drawing on Federal, State and private sources.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate’s completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources team. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter *
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
*Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Complete applications must be submitted online by December 8, 2021 to ensure full consideration. Applications received after 12/8th may be reviewed until position/s are filled.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Aaron Bialzik
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Julie Hinchman-Adams
Job Family: Staff